POLITICS?

don't really get politics much, but...Why do people o on about Obama not fixing all the
problems fast enough that he had on his desk when he became pres?
Would it not come to mind to be annoyed with the fact that Bush had 8 years tofix them and it seems it only got worse. So I know im not a political science major but it just seem that he is not all to blame. I am sure you will all tell me why am wrong to think this...

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I, for one, am tired of this kind of bull. You say, yourself, you don't "get into" politics. Well, honey, don't just dip your toe in...either jump on in or take a hike..

Bush didn't get a pass. He got shit thrown at him, the same freaking Hitler signs drawn about him, the same rhetoric spewing from the opposite side of the fence.

Obama's been flying this ship now for TWO EFFING YEARS. Whether you or anyone else likes it, he owns it. For all we know, his presidency is half over. HALF OVER. It's his freaking baby.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• How long is the statute of limitations on the blame bush clause? I mean seriously, its been 2 years. I may not be old enough to remember every president since Washington but I can't remember another one, or his party riding the blame game express through the whole first term which is exactly where the dems seem to be taking this Bush thing. Taking the country as is is part of the job description.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• those who defend Bush will say that yes, our country was in a surplus when he took office in 2000, but Clinton's policies had set the stage for a severe economic downturn,

I don't say that. He did not inherit a surplus. Clinton had debt in the intra governmental debt. Economists pointed that out quite well. And we were heading into a recession.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:41 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Obama has had 2 years to fix the "mess" Bush left. (The economy was actually trending UP at the time he left office - check your facts). Since taking office, all Obama has managed to do is dig a financial hole that will take decades to get out from under. He has spent BILLIONS on flawed economic policies, none of which has benefited the average American.

Public approval polls are not hard science, nor do they take into account the facts of any presidency. They are popularity contests, nothing more.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• .and Obama's policies are JUST STARTING to take effect...

Oh no, his actually policies have been working for nearly his entire term.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:05 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think you have a very valid point - I don't think you can judge a leader's accomplishments or failures in the couple of years in office.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• eye rolling

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Every president inherits major problems left over from the last president. Nobody does what they promise to do, IMO.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I don't need to fax check nothing I have lived through the last 20 years I know when life was hard a when it wasn't

You state this^

And put THIS in your op

don't really get politics much,

Nuff said.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:02 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• ....you are right, you are NO poltical science major.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:49 AM on Feb. 7, 2011