How do you deal with your husband either telling you he's leaving you or he's gonna kill himself every few months or so???...it's driving me crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• In my heart of hearts I hope he gets help? what is at the core of his issues causing/triggering it??? Maybe simple therapy in coping skills might help? ~*Hugs*~... hope everything works out for the best!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• It really sounds like your hubby is depressed. I'd say if at all possible you could benefit from therapy..or atleast him if he is willing to go. Anti-depressants aren't just for women, let him know that seeking help isn't a sign of weakness but one of strength that will benefit all of you in the long haul. Good luck OP!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I agree with the above two posts, he needs help.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I meant to say you could both benefit...oops! Not trying to imply just you...sorry, I'm full of errors lately!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• if you are married you can have him commited for help he is suffering from depression
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 11:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• he is on an anti-depressant already...nothing he tries ever seems to help much...and it is usually triggered jus by stupid lil fights that we have...ones that NORMAL couples jus work through....i dunno what to do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• The anti-depressant that he is on now may not be what's best for him. He should speak with his doctor about switching to a different med.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Call his bluff!! Tell him there's the door... either get out or stop making treats!! That plus what Simplicity just said about his meds!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree with previous poster, call his bluff. My dh use to pull out the word divorce anytime we fought and it did not go his way. Finally I asked him why he always throws the word divorce out there and he said "as a threat". Well I told him "it is no longer a threat" and that is the last time he uttered that "threat". Because he knows next time I will drive his but to the courthouse myself. If it is constantly used as a threat it becomes meaningless or you start to think that is what they really want. Call his bluff!! Definately!!!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:11 AM on Feb. 7, 2011