Would you like to have the choice of having no annoymous answers to your questions?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I think they should KEEP the ANON feature, cause honestly if you had a personal situation in reality would you want your neighbors to know, or would you want to keep it private, Anonymously?

Nobody is suggesting they turn anon off completely. You'd still have the option to ask questions anon, and you'd still be able to answer anon, except in situations where the OP turned it off. In that case, you just skip those questions, and only answer the ones that don't care if anons answer.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• yes...but I think some moms may have family on here and do not want them to know some things
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 11:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• ~*Yes*~ because those that usually post anon leave horrible remarks or vulgar language... so, YES, I would love to do away with anon responses, I can see after watcing people, including myself get jumped, harrassed, and stalked on here why questions are posted Anon... but I think the Anon feature just creates stalkers and trolls
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Nah..doesn't really bug me one way or another.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I've seen just as rude and horrible comments posted by non anon users so I think you've got to keep the option open. Some people have an intimate question and won't ask w/o the anon button.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yep - then they can all go play with themselves while everyone else has normal conversations
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I'd prefer to not have anon answers if I had a question to ask, so I think the option should be there.
    littlefever

Answer by littlefever at 12:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have posted a anon answer and question cause it was waaay to personal for me to attach my name onto but I wanted to respond and ask a question but I was not rude. So I like that option open for those who are shy like me to give a way personal answer but does not want their name attached to it.
    bewitchedmom

Answer by bewitchedmom at 12:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree with AJ........I mean it is there for the times when you want to ask or answer a question of a personal nature and you're asking for advice or giving it.

But to continue to harass others by using that feature, saying horrible things and the like.......maybe those offenders should be warned.

I think they should KEEP the ANON feature, cause honestly if you had a personal situation in reality would you want your neighbors to know, or would you want to keep it private, Anonymously? I might be really good friends with my neighbor, but I myself wouldn't them to know everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Eh..yes and no. Everyone deserves the right to post anonymously, but not everyone knows how to not abuse the option. I wish CM would just permanently take away the privilege the first time a person abuses it.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:00 AM on Feb. 7, 2011