How will I know that I have lost my mucus plug?

youngmommi2be

Asked by youngmommi2be at 12:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• youll know if you dont when u go to the doctors for a check up they will tell you
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• It will be pretty thick, like boogers. Mine was brownish red, and I freaked out once I saw it. Haha.
    cleverusername

Answer by cleverusername at 12:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• This is kind of gross, but when I lost mine I was already a day over due.. but several months before, I was freaking out because when I would take a bath, I would find tiny, tiny pieces of something that looked like clear mucous, and it was, but not the thing you are looking for.. To me, it almost felt like starting my period.. All of a sudden, I felt a huge gush and a sudden urge to pee... it was very bloody and so thick it wouldn't come apart... after that, my contractions started... but I know someone who lost theirs a couple months before their due date.. but there will be no doubt in your mind when you see it.. I promise!!!
    MamaBrittany14

Answer by MamaBrittany14 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• You'll definitely know...LOL. It will be huge, globby, and can come out many times. It's much bigger than you could ever imagine...hehe. It's usually yellowish, but can be tinted with blood, and other colors.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 12:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• lol you'll know!!! this is going to sound gross but is deffen'ty like having snot come out of you nose! i lost mine beauce of the doctores continually poking and proding me in there :( but don't worry you can't miss it!
    melodyann19

Answer by melodyann19 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• u look at it and say, oh, so THATS a mucus plug! lol. it sounds like something that is confusing, but once it happens its like a duh moment. it really looks exactly like what it sounds like.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I'll ask on here instead of making another question post. Does it hurt when the mucus plug comes out?
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 8:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Ok.. i'll ask a question too.. what IS a mucus plug??? I'm a first timer so I keep hearing about stuff I didn't know anything about..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2008