Not a question about the anti-depressant paxil

Just wanted to share with all moms out there that I took the anti-depressant paxil during my first trimester of pregnancy, not even for a long period of time, and we had no idea before he was born, but my son came out with three toes on his left foot. I looked up all anti-depressants and all except for one had horrible side effects, the only one that didnt have side effects, made my attitude even worse. *i wasnt taking it for depression, but because i was mean lol* so please, if you can go without taking ANY at all, i would seriously advise you do so. My husband, son and I have a long way to go before we figure everything with his foot out, and after recently going to shriners where they said something about amputation as an option, for a foot that is just fine, he walks on, and has been doing so since 10 months old, its crazy, and i dont want any other moms to experience this if it can be prevented.

shannonrenee09

Asked by shannonrenee09 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Health

• glad you shared.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I've taken Paxil before and I hated it because it gave me horrible night sweats and really weird dreams. I've heard the safest one is Well-butrin, which also helps ppl to quit smoking. Sorry to hear about your son...just glad to know that it didn't cause anything worse. Atleast I dearly hope not!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• thanks for sharing
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 11:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Paxil is about the only one I have never tried. Sorry that happened to you and your baby!
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• thats why i refused to take any during pregnancy. was that a labeled side effect? were cautioned on it? i would file a law suit!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 5:58 AM on Feb. 7, 2011