Prenatal Vitamins

Since I am for sure pregnant, and just found out this weekend. Where do I start as far as vitamins.

anerd05

Asked by anerd05 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Health

• I'd suggest going to walmart and buying some :) or any store/pharmacy really. they all have them. they'll be with the rest of the vitamins.

I liked the ones I got from walmart, they were in a pink box & bottle. they are smaller and you take 2 per day. the size and being able to split it up into 2 doses during the day really helped with the nausea that some prenatals can cause.
    Anonymous

• OTC are just as good as prescribed and a whole lot cheaper! Congrats!.
    Anonymous

• I get Rainbow Light. they're at the Vitamin Shoppe.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• The first thing you should do is head to Wal*Mart and get theirs. They are like $6/month unless you double like I did. Then when you go to the Dr. ask for samples. I got 2 months worth just from the FREE samples the Dr. gave me. Because most vitamin companies will give you a weeks worth in a sample pack you'll get a lot free! Also check out some of thier websites and request free samples if you can. It might tank 6 or 8 weeks to get to you but you'll still be pregnant and FREE is still FREE!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Congrats, & good for you to find out how to make better choices. Let me preface by saying all vitamins are NOT alike. The majority of vitamins sold at "non-health" stores are a waste of your money. Why? Because they are cheap & are not made correctly. Your body can only absorb a certain amount in a 12 hour period. You must get whole food vitamins!! There is NOT one vitamin that will do it all for you either. A good vitamin will have an ORAC value (Oxygen Rate Absorption Capacity). The minimum amount is about 2500. The ones I take are over 4000. I am never sick & they also provide a digestive enzyme that helps break down foods that are not raw or that have been processed.

None of us could possibly eat the amount of fresh fruit & veggies that our body's require for optimum health. Here's to yours & let me know how I can provide more information.

Health4U

Answer by Health4U at 7:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I suggest to eat healthy food. Eat veggies/fruits, dont drink stuff that has tons of sugar in it. Thats way better than those vitamin pills.

I lived in the states when i got pregnant and my aunt there bought me some of those. They made me so sick that my husband had to call the ambulance. Felt like i was dying. The doc figured that my body doesnt like that stuff (no allergy or so)... but my body was used to real vitamins and not this fake stuff.

So i dont know why somebody would take these vitamins. lol

We live in germany since i was 15weeks along. my OBGYN here told me to not take those vitamin pills, you never know whats really in there is what she said. Eat healthy and you are good to go :)

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2008