I can't talk to her (My mom)

The other day I was talking to my mom about some things that have been going on between me and my husband. It is nothing bad but I didn't want my dad to know because we were talking about a situation in which he didn't need to know. She still goes off and tells him, and then my dad tells me that he knows because mom wont keep anything a secret. So now I can not even tell my mom about ANY problems that I have with my husband without her going to my dad. I just wish that I could tell her things and have her keep them between me and her. I don't tell my husband things she asks me to keep quiet. She doesn't know that I know she told either. So what do I do? NOT tell her anything anymore and let her know that I don't trust her to keep what I say between us or do I just not tell her when I am frustrated with my husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Sorry to hear you are facing a situation where your trust was broken... best you can do, while keeping some kind of a relationship with your mother, is reframe from telling her anything too personal... whatever you do to get through it, I hope all comes to a positive ending... ~*Hugs*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• who else can you talk to ?
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Did you ask your mom to keep this between you and her? (Maybe she didn't think you cared if your father knew) Could this have caused problems between your mom and dad if he wouldve found out that she had kept something from him? She may have feared that if she kept something from him and he had found out, that it would cause a problem between the two of them. Maybe you should start by asking her if you confide in her, If she could keep it just between the two of you and if she promises you that she can do this then maybe she will. But if you asked her to keep this between just the two of you and she said she would and then she told your father then you really need to confront her and tell her that you need her to talk to when feeling frustrated but that you need to be able to trust her that she will keep it between just the two of you and if she does it again that you can no longer confide in her.. Good-Luck!
    Caring_mom_45

Answer by Caring_mom_45 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My mom belonged to a club we started calling the Jolly Janes! Everyone knew everything. Good thing I loved them all like family because as a teenager having all your business out there was not fun!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 12:23 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I did ask her not to tell my dad and she promised that she wouldn't. Like I said it was nothing bad or anything like that I was just frustrated with my husband and thought I could trust her. I have 1 friend that I can talk to about anything and she keeps what I say to herself but she has her own life and family so I can't bother her every time I need to vent. But other than that I have no one, besides dh. And there are just somethings that I don't want to talk to him about.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Feb. 7, 2011