shooting in the dark???

I think I've caused my husband to withdraw from me by trying to point out the issues at hand as far as him not taking my emotions/way I feel at hand. In the last two weeks I've found that I can't help but say something about it. Thing is I think i may have made him mad in the process.

When a man stops saying I love you and response with an uh type response after you tell him you love him, What really can I do to get him to tell me he loves me? how do I go about trying to fix the problems at hand and make our marriage better then it was the day we first got married?

kiwolf

Asked by kiwolf at 8:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I learned a long time ago that I couldn't talk to my husband about my feelings the way I would tell them to my girl friends. Men simply do not have the tools to understand the same way women do. I think men tend to think they are being blamed for all our problems, they have no idea what to do about them, and so they just go into their shells and stay there. If I were you, I would not try to talk about "issues" for a while and go back to doing and saying things that say to him you love him, maybe even more than the words. Make him feeled loved and he will probably start saying he loves you again, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Shove those negative emotions aside and be extra loving and considerate to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Maybe in his own way he felt ashamed or embarrassed on what you said. Men have no idea on what to do or how to make a woman feel and there are men who know how.
    But anyway just be yourself and continue telling him that you love him and ask him can I hear those 3 little words from you . Tell him you would like to hear it once in awhile and tell him you told him what you told him was because you love him and you wanted him to know what you are thinking and that you would like it very much for him to tell you what is on his mind that is how you communicate. Tell him if you can't talk to him about your feelings who can you talk too.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I sat down with him tonight and told him that I apolagize for being brash.. i'm sure there are things I took and blamed him for. You know everyone around me knows i'm miserable, heck I can't hide it anymore.
    I just sat down and explained to him that I have a few things I need to work on for myself, and that I spose this gives me some time to do it. You see I have a hard time with neglect/feeling alone. And I also have a bad habit of not watching for my own boundries. And to be quite frank i think i may have stepped over my boundries the other night. I tore him up something go, and the whole entire time i wasn't trying to. I have a bad habit of behing bruetly honest and because of that i can hurt him.
    kiwolf

Answer by kiwolf at 5:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• So yes I need some pointers and yes i have sat down and thought about alot of things. I have a few goals to work towards while he decides where he's at. I still tell him I love him. I still kiss him and hug him and hold hands with him. But it takes me starting it to get a response. But hopefully that will change....
    kiwolf

Answer by kiwolf at 5:57 AM on Nov. 18, 2008