i never went shopping on black friday before. i was thinking about doing it this year. do you suggest it or do it think its too much of a hassle? whats a good time to start and are all stores open the same time?

JoyJoy

Asked by JoyJoy at 8:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Shopping

• Last year was my first year. Just be sure you're bundled up because the lines can be very long and cold, lol. Leave the kiddos at home (you'd be surprised a tthe amount of people that bring them) and bring a friend. Grab a cup of coffee on the way there. Most stores open around 4am I think. It's definately crazy...you just have to be prepared to deal with wackos and you'll be fine. Don't let people get to you so much--don't let them ruin your experience!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Girl people start lining up here in colorado at 4 in the morning at stores. check the ads figure out what you want and who has it and plan to start veryyyyyyyyyyy early!!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 8:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I use to go every year but one year the doors opened at Walmart and a bunch of people that wasn't in line rushed at the people that was in line and people was pushing everyone and fighting. It was not pretty and since then I try to stay at home. I sometimes go to Menards, they have good sales and if you go a couple hours after the doors open its not to bad.
    Anonymous

• This is my 1st year going and I'm scared, I know someone is going to make me mad. I just hope it's worth the hassle.
    samantha_dawn

Answer by samantha_dawn at 9:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Yea! I love this day! don't take any children. Go with friends and family. Check all the adds the day before so you know exactly what you want and which store to go to first. JCPenny's usually the first place I go to because it is less crowded that early. Or if you do go with others, make a list of items and each one go to a specific store to get those items. It cuts down on travel and wait time in lines. then go to Starbucks or out to lunch to celebrate a great morning. Unfortunately, I always have to run to work right after.
    momagain

Answer by momagain at 11:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Many stores have the same deals on their websites on Black Friday and then the following wednesday is "black wednesday" or something like that where you can get the same sales, sometimes better online only.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 11:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I have gone twice and this year I want to go kidless but I went around 7 so my kids were up anyway. this year I would love to go early but I dont know if I can crawl out of bed in time. I agree check out the ads and get ready to wait in line.
    Anita
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 2:10 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I went once to get my son a bike that was on sale. I suggest you go hours before the store opens or the sale sstarts. This year there are better deals for the 2 weeks before Black Friday then on the day itself. I;ve seen the list and there is nothing on there thta my kids would want and so there is nothing that is worth me standing in line for 4 hours to get. Besides I get all my shopping done in Feb. Maybe pick up a few more toys the first week in November. Walmart has toy sales on right now and so do Toys r Us.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Its not that bad... check out the ads now http://www.blackfriday.info/ and get your list per store together and plan it out!
    aimige

Answer by aimige at 1:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Ok, last year was my MOST successful Black friday. I took my friend's (18 yr old) daughter with me and we went to Toysrus First. It was Great. As soon as we got there, I had her take a cart (that we got from the parking lot) and I had her go in line and I ran through the store and got the stuff I needed while she stayed put with the cart in line. I was outta there in 30 min and on to the next store... It helps if you have someone who doesn't need to shop but can "run block"... LOL...
    I ended up saving $324.00 last year by shopping on Black Friday... Hope to do it again this year.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008