Whats with the lies

My man has been lying to be about everything...from where he goes...and who its with...to who he talks to on the phone...what is the deal with that? I cant believe anything he says anymore...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• That sounds pretty fishy. It sounds like he is doing something that he doesn't want you to know about, obviously. Good men don't lie to their wives.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, it's one thing if they lie about something like "I don't know WHERE that dent in the car came from..." but lying about who he's talking to and who he's with and where he is...thats major cause for concern.
    Anonymous

• Like a PP said GOOD MEN DON'T LIE TO THEIR WIVES! Take it from experience, I caught mine on the phone with a 18y/o. I stayed up after I put the kids to bed, quietly walked down the steps where he was whispering, when I asked him he got real quiet and said a guy from work! Liar I checked the bill and then called the number that came up repeatedly, it was a chick and she told it all!
    Anonymous

• That sucks. My ex husband was just like that. Keyword "EX". You cannot have a successful relationship without trust! I would consider leaving. People like him will litterally drive you INSANE, because you never know which way is up, down, left or right. Nobody should have to live like that.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 9:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Dig out the truth.. figure out where it started and why (for your piece of mind) and then determine if it's repairable and if he can start living a transparent life (and understands that EVERYTHING he says possibly forever will be suspect) or if you need to get rid of him...
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 9:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I agree with hopelessnance. My ex will even lie on the witness stand in court! Now, I'm married to an old friend who is honest with me in everything. So refreshing after all the lies. I wouldn't go back to the jerk if you paid me.

Since trust has been broken, maybe you should evaluate the relationship and decide if you want to stay.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• some ppl are compulsive liars. I used to ask my x why he did and he would say to see if he could get away with it. There are some men who have a personality disorder where they have no empathy for your feelings and they have no guilt about lying. IDK why your guy lies but many of them do. Not sure you can change him at this point in life.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• He might be cheating. Those are usually BIG signs of cheating...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2008