Have you or anyone you know ever have sinus surgery??

I'm going to be having mine done the 11th, and to be honest, I'm pretty nervous. I know it's gonna hurt! I had a CT scan on my sinuses about a month or so ago after having numerous sinus headaches for ages that made me feel like I was hit by a bus. After a month of some hefty anti-biotics and prednezone, my sinus headaches were still there so the infection hadn't gone away.

How long was your recovery? Did it feel like you got punched in the face after surgery??

Heathercurlz

Asked by Heathercurlz at 12:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Health

• My dd just had it done. She looked rough right after the surgery but recovered pretty quickly. I asked her how much pain she was in. She said she took pain meds for 2 days and that was it. She was back to work on Monday. Her surgery was Wed. She didn't look like she was beat up like we thought she'd be. I made her bf take pix and send them to me. she didn't say anything about feeling like she got punched in the face. She also said the packing dissolved so she didn't have to have that removed at her checkup. Everyone told her that would hurt but not anymore thank goodness.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have never had one, but your right, it does sound painful hopefully they will give you good pain meds!!!
    wifecombs

Answer by wifecombs at 12:05 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My mom did. She always has problems with sinus and migraine but I know it definitely helped afterwards. It took her a couple weeks to 100% recover, but after a couple of days it definitely was feeling better. Lots of soreness and a little swelling. *hugs* Good luck! Even though its scary, definitely worth it!
    littlefever

Answer by littlefever at 12:06 AM on Feb. 7, 2011