Do you think it's strange to have a black Christmas tree?

sjanel

Asked by sjanel at 8:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Home & Garden

• UMMM... where did you find a black christmas tree from? I think it would be cool with different colored lights and a bright star or angel.
    KRISTYLOVE

Answer by KRISTYLOVE at 8:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I've honestly never seen one but it is no more weird than the red or blue ones I've seen at the store!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I've never seen a black one but I have seen almost every other color including all pink, I guess if you decorate it with pretty lights and ornaments it could be pulled off, but if just basic plain decorations it might look odd. Probably those purple lights would look neat on it.
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 9:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I've never seen a black one. I wouldn't buy it. But if you like, is your choice to have a different tree. I will stick with the green one. In my view would look weird. I love black, but for furniture or cloth. Well the most important is what Christmas is about and not the decoration. So enjoy you Christmas and don't forget the real mean of the date. God bless you!

Zenn

Answer by Zenn at 10:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I think if you decorated it right it could be very pretty! I saw a pink one a couple of weeks ago that was sooo cute!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 10:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Well let me explain... I wouldn't have chosen a black tree. My fiance is color blind and he saw the pre-lit black tree in Hobby Lobby last year during their after Christmas sale. He just about fell in love with the thing so I could hardly crush his dream. It looks green to him by the way. We bought different types of ornaments for it in black and silver, white, silver, sparkly, decorated, plain, and a bunch of those specialty ornaments that are sold one piece at a time at ridiculous prices. So we have a lot of.. I dunno.. they almost look like over-sized necklace center pieces made out of silver. He also picked out a few light blue ornaments to give it some color.. for whatever reason he can see that they are blue. I think it's pretty NOW, but I really wasn't sure to begin with.
    sjanel

Answer by sjanel at 10:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I've never seen a black Christmas tree before....you should post some pics of it when it's all decorated....I bet it's pretty.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 11:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• as long as you're happy with it, then who cares. i think it's awesome that you didn't have the heart to crush him. i would maybe tell him that it is black, say something like you wasn't sure how it would look but now that it's up and decorated you love it. because i'm sure if not some well meaning guest will comment on how cool your black christmas tree is. that wouldn't be the time for him to figure out that he f**ked up.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes, unless it was some type of retro display at a store.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• NO! i love them, hard to find though, Target has wonderful decorations this year for black and white themed trees. i think they are both just beautiful.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 9:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2008