Has anyone gotten any surprises on their receipts lately?

My friend did. This is a REAL thing. Not a JOKE! I looked into it and another friend who works with the health care industry said he knew exactly what it was.
My friend got a receipt from a salon I believe and it has added to it Obama Tax.
Guess where that tax is going to??? Pay for the Health Care deal that was passed. It is one of the many surpises we are going to see these days!
I assure you this is not a JOKE.. it is REAL! It is one of the things Pelosi hid from us .
Here is what my friend said:
"Guys I know EXACTLY what this is. It is part of Obama's New Healthcare plan. This is one of the taxes they snuck in to help pay for this MASSIVE bill! This is my industry (health care insurance) and is one if the MANY taxes and surprises yo...u will all start seeing! It's real unless this monstrosity is repealed and replaced!! This is just the tip of the iceberg folks! Trust me I look at this everyday - it was one of the hidden taxes Pelosi didn't want you to know about when she said last year you have to pass the bill to read it! 2000+ pages of surprises! "

So we are in for a ride it looks like!
Thoughts? Please be civil and non accusing. I hate seeing mud flinging back and forth! :-)

Added: It was from a salon but not all salons have this. Its where the tax is hidden.  Interesting! Ill be paying attention to my receipts from now on !

Shaneagle777

Asked by Shaneagle777 at 12:14 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• nope
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:15 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Im still hoping that it gets turned over...
    wifecombs

Answer by wifecombs at 12:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No, I haven't heard about this at all!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• me too wifecombs I dont like surprises like this. The tax was 10 percent too.
    Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Even if that is true...
    I am ALL FOR a state-funded health care base for our nation, and OF COURSE taxes are going to pay for it. I would be VERY surprised however if this actually happens as you say.
    I think it should be taken from pay directly ...just like our "insurance" plans do so, again, nothing new.

boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 12:22 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• That's the tanning tax. They've known about it for at least a year and been preparing for it. Yes, it's from the bill, and yes, most tanning salon owners think it's a load of crap, but it is what it is until someone finds a way to get rid of that law.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:22 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I was just coming to post this ^^^^^
    was grabbing a source.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/24/news/economy/tanning_tax/
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• so why would it say Obama tax if its been there for years?

Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• never mind I missread NP I thought you said years. My eyes are tired tonight :-)
    Shaneagle777

• I do think it's hysterical that they've actually programmed their registers to say "Obama tax" so their customers will know exactly why they're paying it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2011