how did you bleed after your c section?? please help

I am 1 weeks and 2 days post c sec and my bleeding keeps startin and stopping. I haven't bled all day and suddenly tonight I am again and bright red. Should I b worried??

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 12:30 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• ~*Hugs*~... best thing you can do is "Relax", and hold the forst down (per se) until it is all over... can take a couple weeks! I went through 2 CSections, and been told if we had another I would no longer have the choice to do it naturally... but this will pass I promise!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I was bleeding off and on after my c-section. Then it took awhile for my period to get back to a normal cycle. I would bring up any concerns though to your doctor at your next check up. I had several check ups after my c-section to make sure everything was all right.
    bewitchedmom

Answer by bewitchedmom at 12:33 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• For me it did the stop for a few hours and then start back up again...So I would say normal.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• sounds normal to me.. I had a csection with my twins and I remember that happening
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:04 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I've had all different recoveries after my c-section. A couple of them I only bled for like 2 weeks and it was over. The last one I bled off and on (having days of none just for it to start up again for a day, then spotting for a couple of days) for 5 weeks right up until my first period after. The only reason I knew it was my period was because the week before that I had only had spotting off and on and woke up one day to bright red bleeding again which lasted 4 days. Since then my cycles have been bang on (almost exactly 28 days each).
    Just take it easy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:28 AM on Feb. 7, 2011