How do I get my man to find a job!?

Its been 4 months since my fiance lost his job. I haven't seen him even try to look. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was looking for a job while I was at one of my two jobs. Now that we're several months behind on rent and phone/tv/ internet I'm starting to get really pissed. I think its a little harsh to tell him 30 days or you're out. So what do I do? HELP!

SillyMomma

Asked by SillyMomma at 12:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• My hubby lost his job after 23 years. The company went bankrupt. I'm sure if u were the one out of work he would not throw u out! Look around! This seems to be a trend,women r the breadwinners and the guys r really having a hard time finding work!!! It is happening all over!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:36 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... no one can tell you what and how to do things since you know what is best for you!

I can speak from a standpoint if it were me??? I would tell him he has "x" amount of days to get a job or hit the road? But that is me... especially if you aren't even married! And for me personally that does make all the difference in the world. Is he at least getting unemployment and adding to the household? Cleaning up and cooking to pick up the slack? Anything?

I hope all turns out positive...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Well He had his friend/ boss fire him. It was coming anyway. But What kills me is that he isn't looking! He says he doesn't know how to get online and email potential employers. He knows he can go on craigslist or employflorida.com. Yes he does do light cleaning and takes care of my son while I work. But $100 a week in unemployment isn't flying. I've given him the choice to go to school and he sits on his butt! I have to go out of my way to tell him ask him to make a move! I would like to go to school if he doesn't! I dont want to be the bread-winner. I want a darn equal relationship! He's 25 with no real skills. Im getting soo frustrated.
    SillyMomma

Comment by SillyMomma (original poster) at 12:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• when you find out how let me know. Its not that my guy doesn't have a job he just needs to find a career.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 1:05 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would give him the ultimatum of 30 days. There are jobs out there if you look hard enough. He could even do pet sitting or house sitting. care.com has those kinds of categories if you check it out. We used indeed.com too. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i will gv it to him in writing 30 days u must go
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• try to get a job with a friend or a contact so he can feel better.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2011