My mom is complaining of a burning sensation in her chest (lung area) but has hardly any other symptoms of anything!

My mom just woke me up and says she feels like there's a ball of fire in her chest and she's wheezing something terrible...she's only been coughing for a few days...not bad, no fever, she's not lethargic, no sore throat, nothing.

I don't know what I should do for her.

She sounds bad but I can't take her to the ER cause I have a sick baby here and she won't let me call anyone.

What could be going on??

davila26

Asked by davila26 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Health

• She needs medical attention. It could be pleurisy which is caused by other serious factors. Can you bundle up the baby and drop your mom off at the ER or urgent care clinic? If need be, privately call someone to help and don't let her stop you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Pleurisy. My daughter just got over that too. It's very painful. You can Google it for the complete explanation.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:08 AM on Feb. 7, 2011