WHICH BIRTH WAS BETTER TO U

So far i have done 1 natural(no drugs at all), 1 with meds, 2 sections(1 emergency,1 doctors planned)..
out of all..i think my natural was the 1 i actually like the most..if i couldve have i wouldve did all like that..i healed so quick with natural compared to all the rest..
which one was better for u..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:06 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I've had all 3 of my kids naturally and to be honest, I wouldn't do it any other way.  C sections scare the crap out of me.  My first born was at the hospital and I had an episiotomy.  Not fun.  The Dr.s wife was literally hanging around right in my door telling him to speed things a long.  My second and third children were born with a midwife.  My 4th is due soon and he will be born with the same midwife. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• all of your births went swimmingly for me because you were the one birthing
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 1:11 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I had a hospital birth with drugs (not the epidural) and a home birth with no drugs and I like my home birth better and plan to have another one if I ever get pregnant again.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 1:11 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i have always wanted to have a water birth or home birth but out 4..3 went differently then the docs could've even predicted..if i had a chance to do it again..im hopin my doc will say i can do either one..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 1:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• the csection birth of my twins over the vaginal birth of my son. CSECTION WAS THE BOMB!!!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i had a hard time after both my c sections an they were 13 yrs apart..im still having problems 2yrs later from the last one..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I am a natural birth fan.
    :-)
    Waterbirths are great~ if you're interested work for that!

And remember that you hire your attendants, they offer services.
    If you want services they don't offer, pay your big bucks to those who WILL give you what you want.

You can have a waterbirth~ you just might have to go through a different provider.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:23 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My first was c-section and i was sick with a cold and the nurse told me to hold a pillow against my stomach when i coughed. It was soooo painful! The other 3 kids had natural with no drugs. That was better and i was'nt sick with a cold!!
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 7:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I had 3 vaginal deliveries - the first I only had the epidural after I had been pushing for almost 2 hours with no progress, the other two I had the epi early! Then I had 2 planned csections. I much prefer the csections!

Answer by missanc at 9:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Both of my births were without epidurals, the second was with a couple doses of Demerol and Phenergan. Honestly, I "enjoyed" the first birth better because I seriously did not know I was in labor until my water broke, and by the time we got to the hospital 30 minutes later he was crowning; he basically shot out of me like a cannonball from a cannon, the poor hapless ER doc barely had time to put down her latte and throw on a catcher's mitt. The only down sides were the number of homeless people in the ER waiting area who saw my poonanner, and the fact the the television in the ER was playing "Caddyshack" so I will forever associate the birth of my precious son with a groundhog puppet dancing to "I'm All Right".
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2011