Would you let your toddler ride the school bus by themselves?

Would you be comfortable with it. HONEST answers please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A toddler... NO!!! When my DD went off to kindergarten, yes. For us it's only K on the bus, and the driver has a list, and gets to know each kid by name. and the kids have tags on with their names, etc. Plus they won't let them off the bus unless you are there to great them. So I was OK at 5... but any younger I'd have to say no way!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• oh ok can you tell I live in a city LMBO
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 1:29 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• yes technically the are not by themselves
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 1:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No, I would not be comfortable letting my toddler ride a bus by herself. She would not know where to get off or what to do most likely.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 1:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Dragonqueen its the school bus and they drop you off infront of your house.

I am not comfortable with it cause I do'nt trust people
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• nope, im to overprotective of my babies, just thinking about if frightens me, now my sd rides it, she is 15, but we have no choice for her and just last week( it was her first day) she took the wrong bus.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• nope
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:35 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My son did ride the school bus at 4 he was going to a phonological preschool. The bus picked him up in front of the house and dropped him off only with me there in front of the house.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• NO way would i ever allow this.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes. My 10 and 11 yr olds rode the bus when they went to head start. They were in car seats/ seat belts. The driver knew them by name and what stop they got off at. They were NOT allowed to get off unless someone with matching name tags were at the bus stop waiting for them. If no one was there they would be taken back to school, the school would then try to contact you and if they couldn't get a hold of you CPS would then be contacted,
    PurplePieguy

Answer by PurplePieguy at 9:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2011