ex alcoholics that suffer from anxiety and panic attacks

how long did it take you to get over the anxiety its been almost a year for me and sometimes I still get the uneasy feelings..like right now i just want it all to go away oh it also caused agoraphobia

suhweetness

Asked by suhweetness at 1:59 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Health

• When u were drinking, did u drink to calm yourself down? Or drink to forget something? With u not drinking anymore,u could of suppressd the feelings u have now and didn't know it at the time and thats is probably coming out now since u r not drinking and now u can't be able to ignore them any more. U really better go to sa mental healh doctor and work it out, and talking about what u are feeling will go a long wayt in helping yourself cope again without the aid of alcohol. The sooner u get that help, the easier it will be to nip this in the bud while u can. Ignoring these feelings will not ge better and it will get worse over time. I am talking from experience, although I wasn't drinking I was smoking pot.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:30 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Some times you can use a sleeping aid such as melalotrin.Its the main ingrediant in sleeping pills .Over the counter.My do therapist suggested that taking one or two a day when you have these feelings.By no means get addicted to these.This is only a way to help ever so often.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i still have the anxiety thing 15 years later , but the alcohol is long gone , you have to tell yourself maybe like i do '' ok i know what this is , i know why this is happening and be strong , '' i also went to food which is the lesser of the evils we addicts can use to get us thru , and thank God i have a kid because if i didnt things would of been different for me , my kid is my reason and way to stay sober .
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• thanks ladies i do go to a psychiatrist need to start counseling again
    suhweetness

Comment by suhweetness (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2011