Does Anyone Else suffer from Insomnia?How about Migraines?

With the insomnia what has helped facilitate sleep... (I do realize that using the computer isn't doing anything to help me in this department.)... I am currently taking 100mg of Trazadone. Sometimes I'll purchase Valerian root and that helps... some.

As for the Migraines.. I've been getting AT LEAST one migraine a week for the last 2 years.

I'm slowly weaning myself off the Zoloft and they have dereased some, though, this one seems to really enjoy hanging out in my brain.

What works... what doesn't work... for you anyways.

I know that I'm extremely photosensitive. I go outside with the slightest bit of sun peaking through the clouds and no polarized shades on equals potentially terrible migraine.

My migraines are also cyclic... those ones end when my cycle ends.

So... any homeopathic remedies would be tremendously welcomed.

Randomosity2

Asked by Randomosity2 at 2:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Health

• There is a med call "Topamax" U take this regularly once or twice a day depending on your doc. This med is to reduce the severity of your migraines and the frequency of the mirgraines There is another med u can take when u feel a migraine coming on, and its called Butalbita. This comb medication is used to treat tension headaches, and the migraines. It has a few different ingrediants like acetaminophen this is supposed to help to decrease the pain from the headache. Then the caffeine will help increase the effects of acetaminophen. Butalbital is a sedative that helps to decrease anxiety and cause sleepiness and relaxation.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have both..but nothing really helps..I just lay meditatate til I feel calm or tired enough to sleep..an sounds of the ocean or soft music helps a lot..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:34 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• For sleeping try melatonin. It helps get your internal clock on the right time. It is over the counter supplement. A Doctor put me on it once and it worked wonders. Benadryll also works wonders. No side effects, super cheep, knocks you out every time. Sleep issues along with migraines and photo sensitivity could be signs of depression so consider that option with a grain of salt since I do not know you or your situation. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:35 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• my gma use to tie a white towel soaked in white vinegar around my sisters head as tight as possible then make her lie down in a completely dark room with no noise use to work great for her
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 2:36 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I used to get 'cluster headaches' Those really is very very painful, I think it could be worse then a migraine. I used to try homopathic route, it relieved the pain for about 1/2 hr. When I took the Butalbital, I swear the relief I felt within 10 min or so was better then sex! Or a king size chocolate bar!! It didn't come back either.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:14 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• For sleeping I use Chamomile tea or warm milk. For my headaches I used to take Advil and Tylenol together. The combination worked well for me. Or if I could take a nap that also helped me. Headaches are gone now (knocking on wood) since I have been in menopause.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:28 AM on Feb. 7, 2011