What are some activities that a 4 year old can do at a birthday party?

The theme is spiderman but I am looking for some activities that boys and girls can do.

KRISTYLOVE

Asked by KRISTYLOVE at 9:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Pin the tail on the donkey, musical chairs?

Anonymous

• We always have a pinata, a bean bag toss, and pin the tail on the donkey. Then I just bring a whole bunch of toys so the kids can just play whatever they want.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 10:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• A treasure hunt and then the loot at the end has prizes. Themed parties are great: 4 yr. olds as chefs helping to cook a meal and going home with goodies they made, 4yr. old gardeners getting to plant some seasonal items and handling worms. 4 yr old little Picasos who paint on cheap canvas and take work home with them. Indoor camping trips with tents, flash lights, and smores. I like the idea of letting the party BE the activity. It is the experience that they get to have as the actual party itself instead of "I went to a party and we played _____ and __ ." So this way my child gets a theme, it makes it easy to decide what we will do/eat, and favors are a no brainer - they get done as part of the party. I find it also cuts down on expense.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2008