• In the Spotlight:

My son has had blood in his urine for 6months!

Hi. My son started peeing this brown rusted color in May. ER said he had a significant amount of blood and protien in his urine. Since then he has seen a urologist, pediatric urologist, pediatric nephrologist (diagnosed him with a kidney disease, glomerolonephritis), ENT (doc said it originated from strept) , Gi (he started spitting up blood), a nuerologist (he began having headaches that brought him to his knees), a sleep doc (he stopped sleeping through the night, real restless). Anyone out there been through anything similiar? I had been taking him in to get his urine and blood pressure checked every week for 6 months. He has had more blood drawn than he can handle. They have done CAT Scans, ultrasounds, MRI, you name it. The nephrologist at the Childrens Hospital said last thursday that he is getting better, no more protien.

npacheco9

Asked by npacheco9 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Health

• Oh my goodness! Poor guy! I haven't experienced this but he he recovers from it. It sounds horrible :( I hope he's not in pain.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2008