Anyone on else wish for a simpler life or that they were born in a nother time or place?

I sometimes imagine what it would be like to live in a cave and just grow my own food etc.

I sometimes wish I lived in a simpler time.

I wish I lived in the time when the village helped to raise children not just the parent and teachers.

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 4:05 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think like that. People had less time to gossip and be bored. Always something to do. Hard work to survive. You went to bed sooner due to being exhausted and woke sooner to tend the animals and your daily life to survive. I think people appreciated more what they had because it was harder to come by. I would definitely like to step back in time.

tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• yes. Smtimes I do wish I could live out n da woods or on a island where I wouldnt have to worry about bills or the latest fashions or the high tech gadgets.. It seems like it would b less stressful & I could spend most of my time living life carefree!
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 4:28 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I'm pretty sure I can vouch that it's not simpler. My sister lived in a teepee on communal land one year, farming everything, with no real income. She and her SO (at the time) fought all the time, and the children were rarely bathed, had tattered clothes, didn't wear shoes, sometimes no undergarments...and she had plenty of community around, plus family nearby. It wasn't simpler for her, and her situation seemed to cause stress on my family.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 7:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I do understand....I live a pretty simple life...by choice....but I had to learn not to count on others to approve or help....I love the idea of the village helping with the kids, but unless they agree, I cannot make that happen....but I'm a homemaker, and not because my husband earns a lot of money, we just chose to live this way because it's less stressful, we don't take vacations or buy the latest gadgets, or go out a whole lot, but we enjoy each other's company, he likes to work on the house and yard, I like puttering around my house, and taking care of my family....I babysit a little girl for extra income and because it's fun to have a little one in the house...I also love hanging out with my kids who, one who is 10, 2 who are adults...we live a peaceful life...it's not perfect, but I'm not stressed out by the same things that others are...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I don't know that I ever wanted a cave - but I can't tell you how many times I have wished for a cottage in the woods with a nice garden spot and enough land to raise the animals we would need.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:27 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• oh yeah
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 7, 2011