My child received checks as a gift for Christmas. How do I deposit them if they are under his name , he is a minor into my account?

I will later cash them for him but for now want to deposit them? Thanks for the advice, I know I sound very naive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• I worked as a teller at a bank for two years really all you have to do is print the child’s name on the top line of the back of the check if the child cannot write themself. Then sign your name and write below that “Parent"
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 4:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Open an account in your child's name, with you as the trustee until he turn 18 (or 21 or whatever age you choose). This is a great way to start funding his college education!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• what about minor, can I write that?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• We just opened an account for our kids.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I was told if they write the check to his name write his name and then write minor and deposit it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• or your name and then write minor, I think that is more like it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• my daughter is 15 so I had her sign it then I signed it. They asked who she was and I explained she was my daughter and they cashed it.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 9:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Just go to the bank and ask them. Seriously. It would be better to open an account for him and put them there, instead of your account.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• You could just cash them I'm sure at a check place that cashes checks or you could take your kid with you to the bank and explain it and they should deposit it for you. I've even had dh deposit my paychecks into his account before when I didn't have an account.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2011