howdo you feel about

babies in "beauty" contests, or pangeants? my dd is 9 weeks old, and i think she is the cutest thing ever!
i would wait till she was a bit older, like 6 months, but i would love to put her in one!
what are your thoughts on them?
i've seen the show toddler and tieras, and omg! they look rediculous! im not in any way shape o form a girly girl, so i would never be a one of those pangeant moms who cries failier at second place, but i think it would be fun for a while.

thought?

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 6:42 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's a money maker that exploits moms and babies and I'm not for it at all....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:00 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think that's totally up to you. I think it might be fun, just showing off how cute your kid is.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:14 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• At that age it's fun because you aren't putting on the make up and fake lashes and fake tans and fake teeth. It's a baby in ruffles.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:26 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• luvmygrlz- exactly.
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 7:28 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think if you leave babies/children in their natural state, it's fine. When you start with the big hair, makeup, and fake teeth and nails it's a bit much. Not sure why any mom would want their 3 year old to look like a mini hooker!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• That really is up to your personal beliefs. I would not do it with my kids even though the thought has crossed my mind. If you can keep yourself sane while they are babies then sure, why not. But once they start to know what body image is about, I would pull out. No better way to ruin the idea of what you should look like than tell a 3 year old to skinny up.
    momma2grlz

Answer by momma2grlz at 6:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011