how can i cope with my sexually active teen adult content

teen is age 16, her first boyfriend, she's sassy and hot tempered.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• tell her no bf at 16
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Call the Gynecologist, make an appointment. My dd, 14 almost 15, saw the stirrups, the scopes etc and swore it will be a LONG time before she has sex!!! She was there for issues with her period though but it helped seeing what the future holds when you are sexually active!! Education is important. Peer pressure for sex is tough. All the hot shows right now are full of sleezy girls. Most important thing about sex is being well educated on safety, precautions etc at this age. I know it's difficult for us to watch our baby girls grow up. Just call the gyn and breathe. Good luck to you!
    jade_Aidan

Answer by jade_Aidan at 8:04 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree with pp and you want to discuss all forms of birth control or possibly have her on birth control just in case. Also, you need to do things together to stay connected. "No" to doing something with you is not an option for her. Tell her you are going to do X and then have some fun. You stay upbeat and positive even if she sulks the entire time. Maybe lunch, shopping, manicure/pedicure, bowling, museum.............whatever ......to get out together. Make it a monthly or bi-monthly "date". GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• bc and a long talk with both of them
    AngryLittleLola

Answer by AngryLittleLola at 11:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Put her on the pill and give her a box of condoms.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Sit down the two of them and ask them how they will handle and unplanned preganancy

Answer by rkoloms at 5:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• shes 16 shes just started to know about life, and their will be other boys out for her, you could always send her on car dates, to the movies, or take them out for pizza, she might hate you, but later on she will realize that you were only looking out for the best of her, and if she hints cues that shes wanting to have sex, then maybe you should take her to her doctor and get her on some sort of birth control, for the saftey of you and her ability
    Cadens_Momma

Answer by Cadens_Momma at 7:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• try to sit down and talk to her about STDs and how she would manage to care for a baby.
    cashgirl88

Answer by cashgirl88 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Okay I just turned 22 today, and I was 15 when I lost my virginity.. Im NOT proud of it at all, and to this day regret doing it.. Your daughter is 16 so many things are running through her head and the way teens are today its all about parties, sex and disrespect. I have soo many friends that are and were teen parents, some found out they had STD's and I had one friend commit suicide for losing her virginity. It seems so innocent at the time your doing it but in the end it ends up being a BIG MISTAKE... Talk to her about everything, ask her if shes truly ready to be a mother... And in high school other teens talk about the girls that are having sex, saying there dirty, good for nothing except for being easy... Honestly talk to her bout it, hopefully your words are powerful enough to stop her
    Marine_Wifey89

Answer by Marine_Wifey89 at 7:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I hope you can stop her from doing things she regrets.. I wish my parents would have talked to me about it more, maybe if they did I wouldnt have lost my virginity until I got married... Goodluck
    Marine_Wifey89

Answer by Marine_Wifey89 at 7:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2011