My husband and i had a nasty fight. I said some things i didn't mean. One thing i said was...

i don't think i want to have kids with him. i only said it because i wanted him to feel the hurt that i was feeling at the moment. I did tell him i was sorry and told him why i said that. do you think me saying that will stick in the back of his mind though? Have you ever said things you regret to your dh and did he throw it back in your face later? i just don't want it brought back up because i did not mean it. ....and thanks, but i don't need to hear "well you should not have said it."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• it probably stung him and he might think about it for a few days. but men are not like most women as far as holding grudges and staying sour about certain things. i do not think hell throw it back in your face later, unless he is immature. what you said was a low blow but you were angry and wanted him to feel your pain, people do that all the time and as long as you apologized for it and mean it by not saying it again, the two of you should be able to move past this. good luck
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:14 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Most men don't hold on to things said during a fight, however if he is really set on having kids soon it might stick with him. Take some breathing space then tell him you really want to talk about it. Be Honest. My concern is you say you didn't mean it, but why would it have come to your mind to say if it wasn't a thought somewhere? If you say things you don't mean when you're angry, maybe try telling him you need some time to think and calm down before blowing up in the future. Good luck I hope you two work this out.
    jade_Aidan

Answer by jade_Aidan at 8:44 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have said things to my DH that I regretted. I apologized, but it didn't take away the hurt I felt for being so mean. However, my DH never throws any of the back in my face. He truly forgives and forgets. I wish I could be more like my DH...

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Men do tend to have a short memory and don't hold grudges for long. We all say things we don''t mean when we are angry. As long as you said "sorry" He will forget. If he throws it back at you you can tell him you don't need the pressure of him wanting kids soon. It's your body that goes through all he changes and it will probably be you that is up in the middle of the night. I know this sounds mean but turning it around may work and he won't bring it up again.
    Remember love is having to say your sorry over and over again.
    Good luck
    ventingmom

Answer by ventingmom at 9:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• talk ,accept your mistake then make appointment for san valentines day!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• DH is pretty good about not throwing things in my face.
    most guys seem to forget things anyway.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• making up is part of the finalization of the fight. Take time to communicate your FEELINGS!! AND MOVE ON!!!!
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2011