Amazon Prime?

I enrolled for Amazon Prime yesterday, they had a "free 30 day" trial. It costs $79/year, and gives you free 2-day shipping on many things. (My order was a sofa table & 2 nightstands, both were eligible - that's why I did it.)

Just wondering if any of you are enrolled in this, and if it was really worth it? Are there enough things that are eligible for the free shipping? (I think I may cancel it after the 30 days, not sure. I do a lot of shopping on Amazon; never really paid attention to the "prime" designation before.)

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 8:15 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• I have Amazon Prime and I think it is worth it. My husband can also use my membership on his account. We buy alot on Amazon.com and it seems like I never pay for shipping because it is always Amazon Prime. The only time I have noticed it's not Amazon Prime is if you are buying from a private dealer and some major stores do not have the feature. I think if you buy alot it can be worth it.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Oh I forgot to mention if you decide to keep it, but do not like it. At the end of the year you have to cancel otherwise they will automatically enroll you again.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:33 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• If you buy alot of new things and bigger things then its worth it. Smaller items usually are eligible for free supersaver shipping anyway. If you are not happy you can cancel. They auto enrolled me and charged me before 30 days, I called upset and they instantly refunded my account. I mostly buy books and small toys for my son so I didnt need it.
    jade_Aidan

Answer by jade_Aidan at 8:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes, I am. And yes, it is worth it.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:00 AM on Feb. 7, 2011