Only 4 weeks along (?) but very scared...sorry if TMI

Yesterday morning I wiped after urinating and it was a brown discharge. This happened 3 times throughout the day. I'm guessing old blood? Then last night it was bright red, but only once. Now it is a light brown. This is my fourth pregnancy and nothing like this has ever happened before. There has been very mild cramping, nothing severe. I called my doc and she said there wasn't much they could do and just let them know if it gets worse. Is this a sign that I'm going to miscarry?

rwwmom

Asked by rwwmom at 9:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That is definitely scary, but your doctor is right. There is very little they can do this early on to prevent a miscarriage if it is eminent. I'm sure they told you this on the phone, but get off your feet and drink some water. If it is just a little spotting, try not to get yourself worked up...that can only do more harm than good. I know there are a lot of different reasons you could experience a little bleeding and if it isn't a lot of blood, chances are that things will go fine.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• some people get spotting during pregnancy. If you was miscarring you would have lots of blood like ur period blood, I did a few yrs ago. It thought it was my period but wasn't. Some people spot one drop of blood and then nothing, if it was brown after or before it's fine
    Anonymous

• i had the brown with this one .. if you have the bright red again tho i would definatly go to the er but make sure you do tell your dr about this
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I had the same thing happen to me in the being of my pregnancy I am now five and half months and fine no miscarriage...But I had really bad red blood that lasted a couple of hours went to ER and I ended up being fine... no miscarriage and everything is fine, I still experincing cramps and pains though..dr said it's normal though.. I think you'll be okay just don't stress!!!
    bjswilliams

Answer by bjswilliams at 11:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• It starts with brown discharge then comes with heavily bleeding with severe cramping. If it doesn't continue then you should be ok. With my second son I had a brown discharge but no bleeding. It may be implantaion bleeding.
    Anonymous

• I had a miscarriage back in 06 and yes it was similar in the very beginning as you described. However, with this pg I had it happen again and everything has been ok. I am extremely high risk, but so far I am good and I am in my 25th week. Lots of women experience spotting but things turn out to be just fine. If you do have bright red blood and you go through a pad a hour that is when you should be worried. The advice on here is right on the spot. Lay down, relax and drink plenty of water. Best of luck to you and the baby.

Bolman

Answer by Bolman at 9:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2008