What else can I do to get snot out of son's nose?

He doesn't like the snot sucker thing so..... and he doesn't know enough to blow his nose but there are always boogers in his nose and it looks horrible!!!!!

Amanda11810

Asked by Amanda11810 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Like it or not bulb syringe is the best at this. I don't think anybody likes the idea of something going up the nose and sucking out the yuck. Hold him down and suck it out.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Have him take a warm bath and let the steam help.
    And putting a vaporizer in his room.
    Make a game out of everytime he successfully blows his nose...like getting a sticker.
    Pretty soon he'll be blowing like a champ!
    Good Luck Mom
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Buy Saline Nasal Spray like Ocean Brand. Gently recline him, and gently drip the spray into his nostrils. Don't spray it hard. Let it drip out and wipe, do it a few times until his nose is clear. Then when you bath him. sit him up and take a soft facecloth and gently squeeze a little warm water against his nostrils to clean again.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:25 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree with the first poster, you gotta try the bulb even if he doesn't like it. I have an 18 month old who is constantly sick and that's what we do. We also put on the humidifier, we've also tried little noses, the nasal spray for him and baby vapor rub as well. Good luck I know how tough this is.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2011