What do you think

about the Blackeyed Peas adding a message to Obama to their song during half time?
"In America we need to get things straight / Obama, let's get these kids educated / Create jobs so the country stays stimulated," he sang.

about Bill O'Reillys Obama interview during pregame?

Can't we just have fun without bringing politics into everything?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Politics and fun just do not belong in the same sentence.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:22 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I couldn't get past the horrible singing and audio, so I didn't hear the message to Obama. I am sure it's resonating with him (just kidding). I like to listen to entertainment, but when it has political messages sprinkled throughout I tend to turn away from it. I don't mind politics, just not when I am expecting entertainment.

I didn't watch the interview either. I was busy fixing toilets.  Maybe I should have saved that job for the halftime show?  IDK.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:27 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I really don't care one way or the other.

As for the O'Reilly interview with President Obama, it's tradition that someone from the network that plays the Superbowl to interview the President. It's been happening as long as I can remember. If people don't like it they don't have to watch it.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:28 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I'm sure Obama really gives a crap what the black eyed peas say.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I know I'm not the only one in the country who didn't watch the Super Bowl (although it sometimes feels that way--but my girls and I watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet last night). I've never watched football games, I don't have a favorite team, I just couldn't care less about any of it. I'm always confused by the level of anticipation and excitement that surrounds a bunch of men chasing a pig-skin around a giant field, sacking each other. Since I don't care about the game, I have no interest in pre-game, half-time or post-game related things. It's all just hype to me. What I've heard of the Black-Eyed Peas song doesn't seem all that offensive to me, and I don't hate Obama. Maybe there's the difference. It's just a message to a president that could be delivered to any president. No big deal.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:53 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• js..we were going to watch the puppy bowl but we went out instead!  : )  My daughter is an animal lover

The BEP's are Obama fans and they were reiterating Obama's state of the Union message about EDUCATING our kids to we can get them jobs,,,

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• LOL I did watch the first half of the Puppy bowl . Love it!
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I don't know about the rest of the country but in this house we were too busy gagging over her butchering of Sweet Child O'Mine to hear anything else they sang and the rest of the time we were laughing at how out of step most the the dancers were LOL. Sorry we're horrible I know.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Blue,

The dancing suits on the fielt with the light bulbs....LOOKED LIKE DANCING SPERM! lol....thats ALL I could see...and Fergie sounded like POO
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• LOL, BlueCollar. Slash was the best part of the half time show, IMO.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2011