gays?

ok first let me say that i am not against gays or lesbians and i completely accept them and support them in their choices.
but why must they tell everyone that they are gay?i do not go around telling everyone i am hetro. i just feel that what you do in your own bedroom is your own business and others dont need to know about your personal sex life.
can someone please explain to me how advertising your sexual orientation or your choices in sexual reationships have become accepted?
i guess if its ok for gays to shout out to the world that they are gay than maybe us hetros should.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree. And i get what you're saying. We have some gay neighbors; now they've never came out and told us they were gay, and they are just like any other couple on the block (in fact, we like them best b/c they are nice). We didn't know if they were roomates, siblings, or partners when we met them, and we didn't care. We've come to figure out they are partners. Still, don't care, they are nice people. Then, my husband has some co-workers that tell you upon first meeting them, they're gay. Ok? Still don't care, so why would you come out and tell me? it's not like we were talking about dating, partners, spouses, or anything. We were talking about our clothes. But a couple of them just had to throw in the "i'm gay, so i know fashion", which i found to be rude not only for gays, but for straights too. It does not bother me to see a gay couple or a straight couple. I do not want to see either being overly PDA in public.
    Anonymous

• You already do, just not the same ways. You wear wedding rings, display photos of you and your spouse, kiss and hold hands in public.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Any time someone starts a sentence that says, "I'm not against ____, but...", they are usually against said behavior or person. Just sayin'.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:36 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Are you aware of how rude this post reads?
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:30 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think it's great.  It's been looked at as being "shameful" for so long.  I think most people just got fed up with it and started standing up for their own sexuality. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i'm here, i'm hetero, and get used to it!
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 9:27 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• we do. we go out on dates and get maried and its all in public. i lot of them tell people because there are people out there who hate them for it and its better to let those people knoe so that there not having to deal with it if they dont want to.
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 9:27 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It comes from the fact that gay relationships are being more accepted now in the main stream society.
    Think of Ellen coming out on her show in the 90's, Clay Aiken et cet....
    It's a sign, a badge of their sexual freedom of expression.
    Imagine if you had to hide your sexual orientation...finally having the right to be your own person would be a reason to "hoot"!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i don't care if your gay or not either, and youre right.. i think its an attention getter. and have it, i don't care. i like attention to!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• *rolls eyes*
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 9:49 AM on Feb. 7, 2011