How do you cope with teething?

So my almost 9 month old has 6 teeth already and is getting his fangs in currently (that will be 8 teeth already!) He's up all hours of the night and tylenol/oragel doesn't seem to help! I'm nursing him constantly and it's killing me over night! Any suggestions? (He won't take a pacy!)

Sarahbeth7

Asked by Sarahbeth7 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I massage my DD's gum's it seems to help a bit and teething rings.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Teething tablets on top of the tylenol, they work wonders.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Lots of love.  If he won't take a pacifier, try putting a rag in his mouth after running it under cold water.  I know it's frustrating but keep in mind mama to breathe and know that he is in pain.  I didn't use Tylenol or Orajel, my little ones LOVED the cold wash cloth method.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Well i had the same problem, but orajel has a new kind out that you put in the fridge, it is soothing cucumber. And i would rub it on her gums and she liked that taste and after it was numb she kept chewing her fingers and licking her lips trying to figure out what happened, but she was content and she stopped screaming!
    tkjmuntz

Answer by tkjmuntz at 9:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Frozen Otter pops, I never even opened them, just keep re-freezing those with no holes so they can bite down on a shushy type ice... or frozen waffles that have built in drool cups... Hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I hate using the orajel, it makes them lose sensations in their mouth and they drool uncontrolably.. I use the teething tablets. They are all natural herbal tabs that dissolve in their mouth. It has worked wonders.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 1:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It sounds like hippie mumbo jumbo, but moms that use amber teething necklaces swear by them. I have one, but my daughter teethes really easy, so I haven't had to use it.

Here is some info on how they work.

http://hyenacart.com/stores/inspiredbyfinn/index.php?c=63&p=14913
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Thanks for all the advice! Also...have you heard that the Teethin Tablets were recalled? I have, but don't know if there's an update where they are out again :)
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 8:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i use vanilla extract on a washrag and let my daughter chew on it, but not like soaked in it, i dip it in and the squeeze iit out.
    92210love

Answer by 92210love at 2:28 AM on Feb. 9, 2011