Does anyone know....USPS

I live in a apartment and I get packages all the time. They are packages from back home filled with stuff I left from when my hubby was deployed or other things. This package today I am expecting is filled with my dd's potty and stuff from Christmas! My postman really woman NEVER brings me my package to my door she yells for me from the entrance of my apartment complex mind you I am on the second floor WITH just 4 apartments in the building. She HAS always done this or honked her horn from the outside of the mail vehicle! SO i have to walk out and carry it up. I mean isn't that HER job to DELIVER my package to my front door regardless of size and level the apartment is located on? Just wondering if I should call and complain or just suck it up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would call and mention it. It's completely rude and possibly annoying to others even besides yourself to hear squawking up the stairwell and honking outside. Besides, what if you weren't home? Then what?
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I'd call and say something... I mean if you weren't there she should take it up and leave it on your doorstep, and if you are there I'm assuming you have kids you don't want to leave to go fetch the package. I would call and at least say something, don't sound super mad, but just mention it to them and tell them it's a huge inconvenience.
    hallieballie

Answer by hallieballie at 9:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Where is your mail box? This is where she is required to get your stuff to. If your box is on ground level, she's being nice by letting you know it's there. If you want someone who will bring it to your door, pay for UPS or FedEx.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would complain.
    Especially if it meant I'd have to leave my little one sitting while I had to go get a package.
    Yes, it is part of their job duty.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree with the first poster. you should call. For all she knows (for some other deliveries) she could be hollering at some elderly disabled lady unable to get to the door or bring up a heavy package.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 9:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Maybe bc they are probably not wanting to bring to you to your door bc it will delay their deliveries IMO U can call and complain but atleast this person is letting you know there is a package. Sorry I wish I could have told u something helpful :/
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• She could take it back to the post office and leave you a notice to pick it up. That is a real pain.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:51 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I know when we lived in an apartment our postal carrier always brought things to our door if they were too big to fit in the tiny post box, which was about 1/2 a block from our actual apartment.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:53 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Where is your mail box? This is where she is required to get your stuff to. If your box is on ground level, she's being nice by letting you know it's there. If you want someone who will bring it to your door, pay for UPS or FedEx. <<----- Exactly!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Did I ask for bitchy remarks scout and crafty? did I NO i simply asked if this was a requirement of theres or not. No need to get catty over a question.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Feb. 7, 2011