my 2 year old

My 2 year old has diarrhea any tips to stop it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The B.R.A.T. diet is the only thing that ever seems to help mine. It's banana's, rice, applesauce (no sugar), and toast. Don't let him drink anything but water anything else will negate the food.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I've also noticed getting a chewable probiotic helps for after colds.. my son was constantly soiling his underwear and the only thing that helped after he had pneumonia was putting him on probiotics and enzymes.. both come in chewables
    roxygurlie526

Answer by roxygurlie526 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Natural old, plain Bananas will clear up diareah, can also make things go the other way if you eat too many!!! Hahaha

I remember when mine were little going between bananas and prune juice
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree with the B.R.A.T. diet. Another good thing to do is water-down some Gatorade for him to drink. He needs lot of fluids to avoid dehydration which could lead into big problems. The electrolytes will help replenish his system and also will give him a little more energy.
    Chasingtot

Answer by Chasingtot at 2:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• The BRAT diet and staying hydrated should help (like others have said). Pedialyte is actually an AWESOME thing to rehydrate with (my husband even says it's the best for hangovers after a wild night :) And I second the idea of taking probiotics. Florastor Kids or Culturelle Kids (CVS carries them) seem to be the 2 most popular ones, and they come as a powder so you can just put it in his milk (if he can't or doesn't want to chew). DS took Florastor when he was on strong antibiotics and it works!! Just be sure to give it time to kick in.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2011