do you have a e reader?

gardenchic

Asked by gardenchic at 9:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I do not but I would like to hear from others about what kind and what they think of them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:58 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No. I work at an independent bookstore (without an IndieCommerce website), so as far as I'm concerned, e-readers are evil, lol. But it's really not worth it for me. I get a good discount, on new and used books, and the owner will let me borrow books I don't want enough to buy. And then there are all the advance reader copies we get for free. I've got Kindle and B&N apps on my phone and iPod Touch with a bunch of free classics, just for when I'm out and about with nothing to do, but that's enough for me.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:12 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I don't have one, but do want one.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• not yet
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have this one: Cruz reader

I love it.  I got it at Best Buy for $99 back at the beginning of January.  It came with an app to use the Borders book store and I downloaded one to use the Amazon kindle books.  I also had to download an app to read epub books that aren't from Amazon.  It's got a color screen and full wifi (which works great with our inhouse network even from the other side of the house).  Only downside is that it has a small internal memory so you can't have a lot of apps and the battery only lasts for 10 hours.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• no
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 5:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My husband has the sony pocket e-reader and he loves it. I don't have one, myself, but I can use his, if I want.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes, nookColor. Got it for Christmas, was not sure I'd like it, although I have always loved reading and go through lots of books. Well, I love it, it's really a nice way to bring 50 books with you to pick up whenever and whereever you happen to be. Recommended...
    bloomingsun

Answer by bloomingsun at 12:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My DH and I both have the Nook with the eink screen. Absolutely love them I bought mine and than DH bought his just recently because I loved mine so much. I personally did not like the color screen but I know many who do so my advice would be go to the store and look at them to see which one you really enjoy.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 6:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• DH bought me a Kindle a few weeks ago and I love it. It's weird because I love physical copies of books soooo much more, but it's definitely saving me space and money. I ran out of room for my books over a year ago, and I still keep buying them lol. I'm using my Kindle for classics and books that DH already had copies of (ebooks) that I had intended to read, but couldn't find in the library. Just for those books, I have almost 150. I also have a dream book and an almanac on the Kindle. I think I've only bought one or two other books for it so far. It was sooo worth it! Especially since I have really bad vision and even with new glasses and large print, I get a headache sometimes if I read more than 10 minutes at a time. I'm buying my mom one for Mother's Day and her birthday (they're close together) this year because she likes mine so much.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2011