Just need to know... adult content

I have checked online but all I can find about tender breasts post m/c is that it can take 'a long time' which doesn't tell me anything. Is that a few weeks, months?
From personal experience, I'd just like to hear from others who have m/c, how long did the tender breasts last?
I am presently on week 6 post m/c, and had my first cycle (which was normal) and can't lay on my side as it puts pressure on them or have them touched as they are still very tender and full.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 10:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• The further along in your pregnancy you were the more hormones you have in your body so it could take "awhile" depending on how fast your body gets the hormones to go back to normal. Unfortunately there is no set time frame as to how lng things will last. I had 2 m/c and they were both about 8 weeks along. I figured for the length of time I was pregnant that was how long it took me to go back to normal. I would also call your dr. I had to go back for follow up blood work to see where my HCG levels where and if they were back to normal so maybe they can give you some answers as to why you feel this way.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I had sore breasts as the first sign that I was pregnant in November and the feeling still hasn't left yet :(
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• How far along were you? I had a miscarriage on Dec 8th and was only 4 weeks and 5 days along. I lost all symptoms before I began bleeding. It was first sign that something was wrong. I am currently pregnant again. I am now 8 weeks so, I got pregnant pretty quickly. About a week after my miscarriage.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• So, it was very confusing to lose symptoms and then to all of a sudden have them again. Have you spoke to your doctor about it? Do you know what your hcg level currently are?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I had my breast soreness disappear around 6 weeks before my missed miscarriage was found. But I also had a blighted ovum and with those symtpoms go away faster.
    mommymary6507

Answer by mommymary6507 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Made a call today to my Nurse Practitioner and unfortunately can't get in this week at all. It is not an emergency situation so I guess I will just wait it out a bit longer and see what happens. Like you said, melliesmom, if I was 6 weeks along then maybe it will another week or so before my symptoms completely leave. This was a natural m/c as well so it may take me a bit longer than with my first m/c at 12 1/2 weeks where my symptoms left and then the bleeding started and then I had to have a D & C which made things go back to normal more quickly. I have never had my Hcg levels checked since I was in Emerg miscarrying. At that time my levels were 5250 at 6 weeks, so who knows where they are at now that I am in my 6th week post m/c.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I had a m/c at 9 weeks. It took me 3 1/2 months to get back to normal. Everybody is different though. My pregnancy hormones are always double what is considered normal so it took me a long time!
    Debi73

Answer by Debi73 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2011