Do you choose private schools over pubic schools and why? Give pros and cons.

avilio54

Asked by avilio54 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in

• I attended private school my whole life so I'm a bit bias, but I believe that both have their pros and cons.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:11 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think it would depend. Some public schools are great like where i live we have some of the top rated schools. But i think if we lived in a location where the schools are considered to be of lower standard i would definitely think about looking into a private school. Growing up i attended public school up until 7th grade then my parents put me in a private school because i was learning nothing & hanging around with the wrong crowd. I would honestly say that i am glad they did so because my grades were nothing but straight A's & i graduated at the top of my class & also was Valedictorian. It did me allot of good.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:35 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It really depends on the individual schools and what you are looking for in a school. My kids go to a private Jewish school. The Judaism was important to us on top of a decent education. The other thing that sold us on private vs. public was looking at the just shy of prison conditions that was the elementary school they would have attended. The classrooms were in a locked area and if a kid came out to run an errand to the office, they couldn't even get back in until someone buzzed her in. My speech delayed, incredibly shy oldest child would have been lost.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:43 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• We're stuck using publicschools, where most in that profession have down trotten/negative attitudes (which the children get the brunt of it)... and we can thank broken systems being kept that way by faulty unions?

If I were able my kids would go to a private school! Most people I know prefer them, even thoguh they have to work extra hours, and do the volunteer hours on top?!?! It is worth it in the end... and if public schools were so great those higher in government would be using them with the rest of the population? Hahaha... they DON'T!! Which speaks volumes
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• GRET ANSWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    avilio54

Comment by avilio54 (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Can you update the title to say "public schools" instead of "pubic" ones? Or are you stuck with that?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:59 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• OOPS I MEANT PUBLIC NOT PUBIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY KEYBOARD MISSES LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    avilio54

Comment by avilio54 (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• lol, I send my husband to pubic school, I homeschool my kids
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 4:40 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My daughter attended one of the ten best public elementary schools in the US, and is in one of the top 100 public high schools (the same one Michele Obama attended). In Chicago, private schools are the second choice for parents who have children not accepted into the top schools

Answer by rkoloms at 10:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2011