husbands yelling when things go wrong-kids around- how would you feel. Read the whole story once onto question

My husband really does not have a bad temper till things do wrong. He went to run errands and the truck was on ice and could not get tracken. So I could hear him yelling and the windows were up and middle girl in car. since other two or home sick. I have dealt with sick kids on and off now for two weeks. This morning just not listening to me. He does only yell when things go wrong, things break, when fixing things. To me wrong with kids around and ages 9,7and 6. Would you feel wrong or right to talk that way with kids around. I have tried to tell him about it but tells me to butt out.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 10:15 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes it's wrong.  This is only my opinion. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Let me rephrase that.  If I stub my toe I yell out.  Things like that, automatic reactions.  No, I don't think their wrong.  Constant yelling over everything that "goes wrong" yes, I would tell my hub to shut it. Who needs that headache? 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I believe that it is wrong. Parents are an example to their children. They soak everything up like sponges. If they see their parent doing it, then they learn that it is okay.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Why would he yell and swear when things are going right? He has a problem with anger control. And you are making excuses for him. He tells you to butt out. This is your life and your children. You need to talk to him calmly when things are not going wrong and try to work on a nonthreatening way to deal with it. Maybe a non obvious clue that things are going too far. A touch to your hair or your heart or something. A touch to him or words might be too upsetting and add to the anger.
    Good luck.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Oh honey be-careful...it seems to me that this behaviour could escalate into something worse. He definitely needs some stress management techniques (but how does one do that with a MAN?!) My ex-husband started out that way and it just got worse and worse...I'm not trying to put you in my situation and say that it will happen to you. But poor stress/anger management is a pre-disposition of violent abusive behaviour...not to mention that he is teaching your kids how to act in a stressful situation.
    Good Luck and Be-careful Sweetie...message me if you need help.

Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Your husband's behavior is childish and immature. You can't make him grow up, but you can tell your children that Daddy has a problem with self-control and that they need to learn how to work on that while they are young. You will need to be careful so as not to put him down as a person, but you must tell them that Daddy has a weakness is this area. And I would do it in front of him, so that maybe he will see the need to control his tongue, at least when he is in their presence. You can't just ignore the behavior and expect that your children won't repeat it. So you must be proactive, but remember to be very careful. You do not want to make Daddy out to be a bad person, just someone who has a weakness that does not need to be imitated.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... we learned this lesson the hard way... when your innocent little child repeats what was just said, and you tell them it is naughty, and they without missing a beat state you just did it....that is a huge realitycheck! We banned foul language... we insert better words where the naughty ones used to be... even when it is a sudden something fell on my toes type deal..
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I've not had a potty mouth since my first was really little... he's now 15
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• talk apart with him straight in the eyes and tell him what you want him to do. and the reasons
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would need time to myself to unwind or all this will eat YOU UP!!!!!!
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 8, 2011