robotussin for ttc

i've heard of women taking robotussin to thin out their cervical mucus so they would have better chances of concieving? did you or anyone you know do this? i've noticed that my mucus is very thick during my ovulation time, is it worth a try?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Well it wouldn't hurt, but it might not help either. IF you get it, it has to be the EXPECTORANT. Mucinex is the same thing.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:33 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Look specifically for Guaifenesin as the main ingredient. I had my ob/gyn suggest this when I was TTC my daughter. It does for cervical mucus the same that it does for mucus in your head and chest - it thins it making it easier for the sperm to swim.
    Mucinex is 600MG of Guaif. Most Robitussin is only 100MG.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:42 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think it is worth a try for sure. I have the book, Taking Charge of your Fertility which I highly recommend to read if you haven't already. Dh and I both read it in an evening so it isn't too terribly long and the author has so much information to pass on based on personal experiences of unexplained infertility, then miscarriages and finally, two healthy pregnancies and babies as a result! The Mucinex may also be something to consider as twinsplus2more has mentioned above.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 12:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Try Mucinex. It helps me with thinning my mucus.
    Prayforblessing

Answer by Prayforblessing at 1:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2011