I am 3 weeks into my diet.. and I don't think I have lost anything this week :(

I do all this hard work and it doesn't pay off!!! I am soo frusterated right now I want to call it quits! :( The first week I lost 9.5 lbs last week it was 2.4 lbs and this week NOTHING!! I hate this, i eat all healthy (slim fast shakes to) and work out every single night running 5 miles.. this really sucks I still have like 40 lbs to go but if this is what it is going to be like no thanks!!!!

sorry just venting!

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 10:37 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Don't give up. I know it is hard and frustrating because I am the same way. I want instant results for all my hard work. I bet if you stay with it you will lose again next week. Also, maybe try changing up your workouts because sometimes the body gets used to workouts and also changing your eating a little.

Good Luck and stay with it!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree don't give up!! Where are you in your cycle? could it be water weight from your period? I know for me the week before I gain 3-5 pounds of water weight, so if you didn't gain any weight....you may have actually lost, but have pms water weight. Also sometimes it seems like your weight will stabilize a little, then you have a big drop in weight.

Sometimes I'll switch up my body to confuse my metabolism (learned this from Jillian Michaels) I'll switch to lower carb for a few days, or jump my calorie count around a little. If I'm eating 1400 calories, I might eat 1200 for 3 days, then have an 1800 calorie day, and back to my 1400, so that the weekly calorie total balances out, but my body doesn't assume I'm eating the same.

Also, eating several times a day (5-6) really is good for your metabolism, helps keep it burning calories.

Good Luck! You can do this you have a GREAT start!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• For one thing, loosing 10lbs in a week is not all that good. It means you aren't getting nearly enough calories and your body is going into starvation mode. Also you have to work out as well. Turning fat into lean muscle (and muscle weighs more than fat) will boost metabolism as well. You have WAY to high of expectations and unless you get realistic, you will fail and gain back all the weight, plus extra. Also stay off the stupid scale. The scale is deceptive. Go by how your clothes fit ONLY. That IS the only accurate way to tell if you are loosing fat.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It's very similar to The Biggest Loser....you tend to see a big number the first week because the eating healthy and exercise is something your body isn't used to, but it does level off to a safer number.

First I think slim fast is a HUGE waste of money. An egg white omlette with some veggies and a slice of whole grain toast is healthier for you and more filling. But yes you have to realize that muscle weighs more than fat and you are most likely gaining muscle and still losing fat and inches, even though it's not showing on the scale. Add measuring to your weekly weigh-in
    And don't sweat it.

If you aren't seeing any results make sure you are eating the proper amount of calories (and healthy calories) and even try bumping your workout. Perhaps add an additional 15-30 minute cardio workout.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Thanks so much ladies! I needed some good words!

Yes pms is around the corner I think that might be some of the phyco emotions lol

I like the idea about staying off the scale.. I can tell my clothes are fitting better and things are "shrinking" I just don't see it on the scale which makes me sad! My hubby yells at me for getting on it to much sometimes I am on it 2 times a day! I will try and back off!

I am uping my work out, just got the zumba in the mail!!!!
    "
    randilinn

Comment by randilinn (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I dont' even own a scale. I threw it away years ago. Constantly weighing yourself is BAD BAD BAD.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yeah don't let it freak you out. Honestly I lost 17 pounds since January 1st. But other than the fact my pants are lose in the butt and thighs....and the area just below my chest and above my stomach roll....you wouldn't know it, I'm still the same size. I look pretty much the same size wise.... just not as lumpy. LOL I know my new eating habits and my daily exercise IS working. And I just don't sweat it if I don't see the scale change. I know I'm changing.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• that is bound to happen. you didnt gain the weight over night, it is going to take a while for it to come off! good luck!
    wifecombs

Answer by wifecombs at 12:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2011