Am I dreaming?

If a guy starts asking you serious questions about what you want from a relationship, could you take on more kids, will your marriage be disolved soon, etc but STILL wants to take things slow (since you have been talking only a month) what is he trying to say?

I have been talking to someone for a month. Last night, he said he did not want to be friends with bennefits and I replied "me either." However, we started getting into the idea of dating during a routine nightly conversation. He told me he has been considering being with me BUT, still wants to go slow.

Does this mean there is a big possibility of a future relationship or?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• It sounds to me as if he's at least entertaining the idea of moving things to the "next level" with you but wanting to take it slowly.
    And believe me that IS a good idea in this day and age.
    Why rush if it's really the "real deal" right?!
    But as the old saying goes...Actions Speak Louder Than Words.
    Watch and see if his behaviour matches what he's said to you.
    Good Luck Sweetie!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• husband moved on at christams and is already engaged to another? wow! that is too fast
    do not make his misstake, take it slow rebounding fast nearly never lasts
    enjoy the slow process of courtship
    i left mine in October and have not even had one date yet - i am dead? or dieing?
    you say...I have been talking to someone for a month...how did you meet him, what do you know about him
    a month of talking not much time to be thinking of next level (imo- but this is coming from someone who has not even had one date since leaving 4.5 months ago, so take my advice with a grain of salt)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• seems like he is considering possibilities, and there is nothing wrong with thinking about the what ifs. I agree with pp and take it slow, especially for the kids sake. You and he could date without bringing the kids into it much initially and then eventually starting doing things together with the children and see how it goes. If you decide to be together it is not just you and him, it is you and your kids and him and his kids. See how it works out and good luck because you deserve to find happiness! Everyone does!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 11:02 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Are you currently married? As someone who has been through a divorce I recommend waiting at least a year before you date again, especially if you have children.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I am still married. DH is engaged to someone else and the children are with me. I have my own job and my own house.
    He moved on at Christmas to someone else. I am starting to be serious with someone, however, we dont want to rush into anything at this time. But, out conversation was going a bit more serious last night. Its like we are feeling each other out more.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Thats what I am thinking. He said he has been considering a potential relationship with me lately.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• We work at the same prison.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Time will tell
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:00 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think your husband being engaged to someone already is ridiculous. I also think dating someone when you haven't even been seperated for 2 months is too soon, but if you feel ok about dating already, I'd say slow is the way to go. Good luck!
    SheIsMySunrise

Answer by SheIsMySunrise at 11:08 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It 's simply possible that he means what he says; he's interested in yoy and finds you dating material; but, maybe because he's been burned befor, wants to take it slow because he doesnt want any surprises. He's being smart!
    Onemoretime2

Answer by Onemoretime2 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2011