Is every car dealership the same?

I am looking to trade in a truck that is under my DH's name. DH and I are seperated and I am in the process of getting something affordable for my new budget. I was denied last week on a used car that I was going to trade my truck in on. I am going to car shop some more today but, I am worried that I will continue to be denied. I do not know the reason of being denied.

Are all car dealerships going to just deny me or, does it depend on the vehicle I am considering?

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 10:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• You could go to a lot that does it's own financing. They egenerally will tell you WHY you are being denied though -- You could check your credit>?
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• most are the same but some used dealer ships are alot nicer for people. you just have ther right one and you may have to settle for a car thats not exactly what you want
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• yes
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• So, they will all deny me then?
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Thats what I was thinking.
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Next time you go, ask them why you were denied. Most if not all can pull up your credit report online and give you some ideas. That way if there's any fraud on your report, you can get it cleared up.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i know my score and its right in the middle. its not great but its not aueful.'It due to me lapsing on a school loan that I have recently started back repaying :) I think I was also denied b.c I have only been with my bank for 2 months. I have heard that is too short of a time period to get anything remotely close to what I need. If I trade in my truck, I will have my down payment + new tag/registration costs. And, I hope to get a little shaved off the 'new car' costs. I found a place that states they can possibly get me financed if I trade my truck in. Its a used dealership that local. I looked at 3 cars they got but, only 1 is left out of my choice. A yellow 2008 VW bug. lol
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2011