Game Ideas for 1st birthday party - for the other kids there... ages 2-5 ???

Afordable, easy, ideas? Any 1st birthday suggestions in general.... ?

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I did a "time capsule" for my daughter's first birthday. The guests each brought a small gift that somehow represented the year my daughter was born, and she'll get to open it when she is 18 years old.

I also think the old standby, pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey, is super cute and great for photos!
    fraujones

Answer by fraujones at 11:06 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Guess the cheerios , or a memory game with animal pictures, also musical chairs. I had alot of older kids at my son's party so we did guess the amount , musical chairs , and I had a pinata with string to pull and instead of swinging you pick the string ...................Of course we rigged so that my baby pulled it and there were goodies bag for the young kids and regular candy for the others.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 11:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Familyfun.go.com
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• muscial chairs would be easy for the kids. since close to valentines day make valentine cards for the parents of the kids that came and would just take a few supplies, have adults help with decorate cookies, treasure hunt, I like the above with the pinata idea, coloring contest, or like above answer and family fun has lots of good ideas form their mag.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2011