Were you bullied in school?

Please share.

(Again...no really good category for this...)

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 11:06 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes,because we were really poor and I didn't have the best clothes and school supplies. In high school I was ridiculed because I always befriended the kids that were not American by birth,mostly the Hmong students,and the handicapped kids.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes in middle school. The mean girls wanted me to hang out past 9 pm and I was 12. My mom got upset and starting calling friends to find out where I was . I was made fun of and then they called me my nickname and taunted me over and over and tried to even hit me on the head and pretend they didn't. It was really sad that I never asked for help. I could cut class until my homeroom teacher noticed and he had a talk with the mean girl in charge of the bullying. She ended up rehabbing and getting kicked out of the school. The others tragically ended up not having kids, sorry sounds cruel, but karma can get you back ten fold and boy did they pay for bullying not only me but others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Not in elementary school but in Middle and High I was. So much so that I thought I was going to vomit before getting on the bus in the mornings. It was also before the rules for bullying were around so if you went to the teacher for help you were told you should be like everyone else. And the thing was, I thought I was. :o/ My torture went on all the way through my senior year, I now home school My son is special needs and I know how vicious kids are. Even with the laws, so many people think that it's just kids being kids.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes! I grew up in the '70s when they decided to integrate our schools. Wehn the black kids were bussed to our sid of town to our schools, the riots began. Being a very petite long blond haired girl, I was the focus of a LOT of physical and emotional bullying. There was NO "label" for it then and consequently no rules or help for it.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No because everyone was afraid of me, I was the school's outcast. Black tight jeans, heavy metal shirts with skulls or inverted crosses, piercings (I had a nostril and lip piercing, very rare when I was growing up) so everyone avoided me, which was great cause I didn't really want the company either.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• We called it teasing but not I realize it was bullying. I have always been the shortest person in the class and was always told to "stand up" and stuff like that. Even today because of my height I can feel invisible in a room.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• no , but my son is
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• nope never been bullied
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yep, I was chubby so kids picked on me for being fat. I still got some of that in middle school but then my boobs came in and I have huge ones so that took over. Of course sometimes I got "positive" (?) attention because of them.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes, I had people calling me a slut even though I had not even held hands with a boy let alone touch a boy. I had girls calling me a bitch and I was the quietest girls you could ever meet. I guess they all just misunderstood me and what people can't understand they bash and say mean things to.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 11:34 AM on Feb. 7, 2011