My daughter was completely potty trained. She was trained in 3 days.

Now 3 weeks later she does not want to use the potty. We are going thru lots of panties and she is not the least bit upset that she has ruined her underwear. I have no idea what happened. Any suggestions. She is 23 months old

Cherryl

Asked by Cherryl at 11:14 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It was too soon for her. Just because you can break them from going in their pants in 3 days does not mean that it will be 100% successful.

Put her back in diapers until she is ready to do it, not when you are ready for her to be trained.

My Dd potty trained herself in a week. I didn't push. I left it up to her and other than the occasional accident, she has been trained for almost 2 years.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Jademom07 is right. She is way too young. Don't force it. It will happen.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:22 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• That's because she's not really potty trained! Back up and remember that children are very rarely trained before they are 2 years old.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:23 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My girl will be 3 in May and since she's turned 2 1/2 she's been on & off. The very 1st time I tried, I just put undies on her one day and the 1st "accident", she went "MAMA! OH NO!! PEE PEE!!" so I picked her up and rushed her to the potty nearby, and after lots of praise for telling me she went, she got it ever since... *almost*. Since then she goes over to the potty by herself (!) but the problem is, she just sits down and goes without pulling her pants down or calling me over to help. I'm usually closeby on days we decide to try again but she's just not getting the concept of pulling her pants down or asking for help. So, I'm letting it fly for a little bit. Also I'm due with DD#2 next week and I don't have the energy to push her to try. She'll get it in her time. I just thought it would be sooner than this... <:) We're almost there. Good luck to you!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My dd was 22 mo and fully potty trained all I did was leave her out of diapers and she got the idea after peeing on the floor a few times lol I say don't put her in diapers , if ur home its easier to potty train because you can leave her naked and when she has to go eventually she will use the potty
    AngryLittleLola

Answer by AngryLittleLola at 11:29 AM on Feb. 7, 2011