Do beagles get bored easily?

beagles, bored

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Pets

• They are a hunting dog so they need a lot of activity.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes. It's a hound, bred for tracking things.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have three and I play in the snow with them!!! They love the snow!!! Do u have any interaction with them? All dogs need to know interaction. I take mine in the yard for a long time and we play!! When the blizzard was happening here,I took them for a walk around the block! They were a little scared cause the snow was so high but then we started playing during our walk and they all loved it!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:26 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• So in answer to your question,they don't get bored easily.; I totally disagree with CraftingMama! Ihave alot of experience with this breed. thank u!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:30 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• What makes you think that I have no experience with them? They're task togs, if they have no task they get bored.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I don't have a issue with mine getting bored and getting in trouble. BUT, they are sneaky little bastards. They could full well know, understand, and obey the rules if you are there. Then the second you turn your back.........
    They do need activity, but I see that as a seperate issue from being bored.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It depends on the dog's living conditions, age, personality etc.

Is your dog is alone for too long? Does he live indoors or outside, in your back yard ?
    Does he have enough space and toys to play ? If he's alone, do you have some music or TV to give him the illusion there's somebody around ?

When you're around the dog, keep him busy by having him fetch his toys etc.

lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• CraftingMama,your answer lets me know u don't have much experience. It is all in the training. Yes they r in the hound family,but,that means that as they walk,they smell everything. The tracking part is a learned behavior,like any breed u would use for tracking,it has to be trained. That is all I'm saying.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• These r great dogs for kids of every age.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i dont think they get bored easily. they are great family pets and have great temperments. they love to play and can entertain themselves if need be.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 6:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2011