How long after getting off of b/c pill does it take to get a/f??

Someone already asked this, but i wasn't on mirena, I was on lo estrin the b/c pill, how long does it usually take to get a/f after you stop taking it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it varies. If your cycle was normal prior to b/c then it will probably go back to being that way, if it was not then you may have to wait a while. Have you consulted your gyno?
    NewlywedTaylor

Answer by NewlywedTaylor at 9:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Actually I was very irregular prior to the pill. I been off of it for a full cycle now. I got my period 5 days LATER than I would have if I was still on the pill. It actually wasn't too bad. It wasn't very painful and it wasn't heavy. Before the pill I was on painkillers b/c it was so bad and it used to be LONGGGGGGG. Maybe being on the pill actually helped my body. Well my husband and I are ttc so hopefully it wont come at all for December!!!!!!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Before i got on the pill it was pretty regular, then last months while my husban was away at trainging, i kept forgetting to take my pill and ended getting my period only two weeks after i had my normal timed one, so i have no clue when to expect it, i usually got it around the 26th or so and i got it on the 12th for 3 days (26th of Sept. then got it the 12th of Oct.) so it's been 34 day with no af so far.but i stopped taking the b/c 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

• i was put on one kind of b/c pill and it made me feel sick so i took it for 2 1/2 months and quite in the middle of the 3rd pack. a/f came the day after i quite taking the pill. but every woman is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I was on orthotricyclen for ten years. I got my period right on schedule for the first two months and was in a state of shock. I had an irregular period in high school so I couldn't believe it was showing up on time. It turned out it wasn't doing it on its own. The bc was still in my system for those two months. I thought I was pg after the 2nd month of trying when my af didn't show up. Turns out I can't get af on any sort of schedule without taking prometrium, which is a form of progesterone. We're on month seven of ttc. Everyone is different though. Good luck!
    russej1

Answer by russej1 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2008