Regret having kids?

Ever wish for like 2 or 3 days in a row that you didn't have kids. I don't mean just a fleeting moment, but serious, serious thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes i defently have.... but i'm also 18 and never got to experince being a teen because of some asss hole :( but i love my little girl to pices so i don't ever really regreat keeping her :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Nope, Never! She's the best oops i've ever had!!!
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 1:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Not a chance!!! I'm right there with sweet_nothings. I only regret having to leave her every day to go to work (p/t). Sure it would be nice to get a massage or shop alone for a couple hours, but never for a whole day or let alone a weekend. But she's only 2 now, so ask me again in a couple years...LOL
    Jesstsilly

Answer by Jesstsilly at 1:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• never ever ever. i have regretted other things, but NEVER my children. to me they are the best thing that i have ever done.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Happy to say nope.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Absoluetly not, my kids are what keep me going from day to day. They are my purpose. I get aggravated at times and wish I could just get 5 mins to myself, but I think all moms go through that.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I've had that fleeting thought once or twice since my son was born, but then he smiles or does something silly and I remember that he's the best thing that's ever happened to me :)
    deeder79

Answer by deeder79 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I have never wished that I didn't have kids, only that I would have waited until I was ready. I am 22 years old with a 8 month old which is not bad, but I was not emotionally or financially ready. If you are having thoughts like this, maybe you should talk to your doctor. You may have the baby blues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I think we may all have had those thoughts occassionally--it's what you do with those thoughts that count. It's probably your general circumstances that are getting you down. Try to figure out how to get a break, or to reunite with your old self.
    Misha_Barista

Answer by Misha_Barista at 2:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• you may have postpartum depression or postpartum pschosis, go and see a doctor. But you are not alone. I've had those thought too. Mother hood takes away your freedom and totally changes every area of your life! It's hard but you don't have to go it alone. Ash for help when you need it. Try and take some time for yourself too. Hope this helps
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2008