Does your kid talk funny?

What (if anything) does your kid say funny? I know it's normal for toddlers to not be able to say things right just yet. Hey they're learning.

My 2 year old dd can't really talk clearly. I know what she's saying because i'm with her 24/7. She can't make the "sss" sound. and sometimes she mixes the K sound for the T sound in words. So if she steps on something she goes "Mommy! Loot, dirty cock!" Pointing to her sock. Or "tar-> star", "pider-> spider", "torry->sorry" and so on. I don't think it's a big deal. Its actually kind of funny. I know she has great hearing. so it's not that.

My mom says she should be able to speak decently well by now. Just Like her (same age) cousin. But at the same time my mom doesn't want dd to be in day care or things like that... which from what i understand could help.

The only reason I don't think it's a big deal is because i know my dd is bright, she knows all her letters, numbers, colors, animals, songs, and can read a few words. She just can't always say them correctly.

I'm just bored... entertain me please?

r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Asked by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 11:27 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It is normal!! She is obviously focusing on other things right now ( letters, numbers, colors, animals, songs) and since mommy understands and provides her with what she needs, she doesn't feel the need right now to try to change things. When others come around that need her to repeat herself, she will start getting the hint. You can also try to repeat the word correctly. "Look at that dirty cock". "Yes, it is a very dirty sock isn'i it?".
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 12:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Forget saying anything with "L" in it. They come out as 'W". Her sitter's name is Lori but she calls her Wari.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• She told me one day that she needed more Valium. Huh? Then she said she couldn't hear the tv, could I please turn up the valium, duh volume. Now we all say that. My nephew cam in from playing in the snow and said he was "frozen in butter sauce". Now who had been watching commercials? lol.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Like a lot of 3 year olds my son can't pronounce his R's... but when he says "cars" he does, and it's so forced, it's too cute. Like normally he would say "lellow" and "caw" but instead he'll really push it out and say "my lllllllellow carrrrrrr" - he still can't say the 'y' in yellow, but he tries.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I talk different. I had dental surgery and now I say "s'" and "F" differently.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:38 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• You want a real laugh- try getting her to say "hospital" -lol.

on a side note: when I 1st read the caption, I thought of something funny my dau said yesterday while playing w/ her doll. She has play food too & said her doll told her that she loves the smell of plastic donuts in the morning! :) haha
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2011